Aug 6, 2018

Romance, Wine & Chocolate '18 Author Spotlight Q&A with Kristal Hollis!


In August we begin a series of 10 Author Spotlights with a brief Q&A introducing each of the amazing authors attending  Romance, Wine & Chocolate '18 on August 31st in Orlando, FL.  Registration is FULL, but check for cancellations at rwc2018.eventbrite.com
Author #6: Get to know a little more about today's featured author, the amazing Kristal Hollis
Books by Kristal Hollis

Southern born and bred, Kristal Hollis grew up amid cane fields and orange groves. Books fed her imagination, providing adventurous portals to ancient civilizations, medieval fiefdoms, alternate realities and futuristic worlds. Then, a friend gave her Johanna Lindsey’s FIRES OF
WINTER, a historical romance which ignited a life-long love affair with romantic fiction.
When a family medical situation required her to take a work sabbatical, Kristal began penning deliciously dark paranormal romances as an escape from the real-life drama. Even though the crisis passed, her passion for writing continues.
A 2015 Golden Heart® finalist, she sold her qualifying manuscript “Howlin’ Hearts” to Harlequin Nocturne. Retitled, AWAKENED BY THE WOLF, the book debuted in June 2016, launching the Wahyas of Walker’s Run series.
Currently, Kristal lives with her husband and two rescued dogs at the edge of the enchanted forest that inspires her stories.

Enjoy this Q&A about Kristal Hollis

1. What genre(s) do you write? 
 I'm published in paranormal romance and currently working on a contemporary romantic suspense.

2. Coffee or tea lover? 
 Both!  I drink coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon.

3. Name one thing on your bucket list.
I've wanted to visit Greece ever since my fourth grade teacher showed our class a slide show presentation of her trip.

4. Do you have pets?
 We have two rescued dogs, Brave Little Basset- of course is a basset hound, and Monster Puppy -- who is everything but a basset hound. 
 

5. When I wake up every morning I... hit the snooze button at least twice. 

6. Weirdest or unique thing you own. A sword. When I was single and living alone, my cousin bought me a sword for my birthday because I didn't want to own a gun.
 
7. Do you have any hobbies or particular skills?  I would love to say that I can spin yarn into gold, but alas that's Rumpelstiltskin's gig. I like trying new things, so I suppose that is my hobby. When someone wants to go to a new restaurant, I'm first in line to taste the cuisine. If someone wants to go to a hockey game, I'll be the loudest one in the cheering section. I've climbed the waterfalls in Ocho Rios, taken a trip to Scotland on whim with my sister. Oh! And, I stop for turtles crossing the road and move them to safety.

8. What do you hope readers will experience or gain when reading your stories? 
 The underlying theme in my stories is that you have to let go of the harshness of the past in order to grab onto a better future. The characters help each other get to those emotional places and fall in love along the way. So, I hope readers not only enjoy the adventure, but feel inspired and encouraged to let go of whatever may be holding them back and go after their heart's desire.

9. What inspired you to write CAPTIVATED BY THE SHE-WOLF?  
One of my favorite places to visit is Brasstown Bald in Hiawasee, Ga. During a visit, several years ago, one of the Cradle of Forestry volunteers at the Visitors’ Center learned that I was a paranormal romance writer and gave me a copy of a Native American legend about a monstrous bird, called the Tlanuhwa, that once inhabited the area. She thought it would be a great story idea, and I agreed. But, finding the right story to incorporate the legend was tougher than I imagined. Until, I learned of the affinity between wolves and ravens. Suddenly, I had an organic way to incorporate the legend into the Wahyas of Walker's Run series. I'm ecstatic about how the story evolved and CAPTIVATED BY THE SHE-WOLF is my favorite book in the series, so far.

 
Buy
A shifter finds his soul mate…

Ronni Lyles and her son are just settling into their new pack when her dead husband’s brother comes to claim them. Bodie Gryffon is looking for a safe place to raise his daughter—a raven-shifter, just like him. What begins as a purely practical alliance turns passionate. But Ronni senses that Bodie has a secret—one that could force him to make a painful choice.
  

Friends! Are you attending Romance, Wine & Chocolate '18? Have you in the past? Do you enjoy Paranormal Romance? Are you a fan of Kristal Hollis or is she new to you? Which are your favorites by Kristal? Share with me...

_________________________________________________________________________________
  🙂 If you enjoy Lorelei's Lit Lair and this post Subscribe here: Never Miss a Giveaway & Post!. Please note that some cover images and text links connect to a Lorelei’s Lit Lair affiliate portal. Thank you so much for your support. It’s greatly appreciated.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lorelei! Thanks for spotlighting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart cousin!

    Kristal is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there "krazymama_98"! Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  3. How did the subject even come up that you said you were a paranormal romance writer? How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Great question. If I remember correctly, during the course of our conversation, the Cradle of Forestry volunteer asked me what I did (for a living). Even though I wasn't published at the time, I answered "I'm a writer." Her follow-up question was "What do you write?" And I answered, "Paranormal Romance." :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, Kristal! And what a wonderful theme. Letting go of harshness before grabbing onto a better future is so true for a happier life for all of us!

    Greece is on my bucket list too...after Hawaii...and Scotland, Ireland, and England...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlene! Thanks for dropping by.
      I loved Scotland! And would love to go back, one day. Ireland and England are also on my bucket list!

      Delete
  5. Desperately trying to figure out why she is not on my favorite author list! I love the idea of letting go of the harshness in life. Sigh. . . . Can't wait to read Captivated by the She-Wolf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! Oh, I hope you enjoy Captivated by the She-wolf! Bodie is quite a character! ;)

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to see how you incorporate ravens into your Wahyas universe!

    ReplyDelete