Aug 5, 2018

Romance, Wine & Chocolate '18 Author Spotlight Q&A with Debra Fisk!

In August we begin a series of 10 Author Spotlights with a brief Q&A introducing each of the amazing authors attending  Romance, Wine & Chocolate '18 on August 31st in Orlando, FL. Registration is FULL, but check for cancellations at rwc2018.eventbrite.com
Author #5: Get to know a little more about today's featured author, the talented Debra Fisk! 
Books by Debra Fisk

Debra Fisk grew up in a small town New Jersey but now makes her home in central Florida.
While working at one of her first jobs she discovered the world of romance novels and fell in love. She is the wife to a doctor, the mother of a son, two dogs and two cats. Her first book Irresistibly Delicious hit number three the Bookstrand Bestsellers list for over 5 weeks straight.


She’s published in contemporary romance, cozy mysteries and Kindle Worlds Barefoot Bay Series.
She loves to connect with readers on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. When she isn’t writing, you can find her at home painting or cooking and spending time with her family.

Enjoy this Q&A about Debra Fisk: 
     
  1. What genre(s) do you write? 
I write Contemporary Romance and Cozy Mysteries.

2. Coffee or tea lover? 
Both! I love coffee in the morning then switch to ice tea or hot tea depending on the time of year.

3. Name one thing on your bucket list.
To travel through Europe and tour the castles

4. Do you have pets?
We have two dogs A white Havanese named Arabella, A blue/gray Chihuahua we adopted named Puffy, and two cats. A tuxedo orange tabby cat named Giuseppe and an orange tabby cat Sophia Pumpkin.

5. When I wake up every morning I... Thank God I’m alive another day and for the beautiful people in my life, then I do my devotionals over coffee. I sit with my pets and enjoy them before I begin working.


6. Weirdest or unique thing you own. 
 I own a collection of hair jewelry . Made from hair of the deceased of the later 1800’s. It was my husbands grandfather collection and we inherited it. 

7. Do you have any hobbies or particular skills? 
Some of the hobbies I enjoy are going to the gun range with my husband, hunting, but most of all I am an artist . I have sell oil paintings and several have been hanging in the Orlando Museum of Art and City Arts Factory in Orlando. 

 8. What do you hope readers will experience or gain when reading your stories? I tend to write what I like to read. I hope readers escape to the world I created in the pages and enjoy meeting my characters.


9. What inspired you to write “I Do Knot”? 
I have always wanted to write a story with a wedding theme. At the RWA conference last year I brainstormed with some of my fellow authors on I Do Knot.




 I Do Knot

Buy

SHE REFUSES TO SAY “I DO.”

Thanks to a humiliating breakup Chrissy Jennings is done with men. But when her best friend asks Chrissy to be her Maid of Honor, Chrissy is tossed into close contact with exactly the kind of handsome playboy that broke her heart—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, whether she likes it or not, until her best friend ties the knot, but that doesn’t mean she has to weaken to his smooth advances, even though they are tempting …

HE MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO SAY “I WONT.”

Eric Jones is used to getting his way —things come easy — especially women. So Chrissy’s resistance to fall for his charms makes him determined to win over the refreshing and confident brunette. What begins as a game of wills changes to a play for her heart. Suddenly the one woman Eric can’t have may be the only one he can’t live without…


 Friends! Are you attending Romance, Wine & Chocolate '18? Have you in the past? Do you enjoy Contemporary Romance? Are you a fan of Debra Fisk or is she new to you?
 _________________________________________________________________________________
  🙂 If you enjoy Lorelei's Lit Lair and this post Subscribe here: Never Miss a Giveaway & Post!. Please note that some cover images and text links connect to a Lorelei’s Lit Lair affiliate portal. Thank you so much for your support. It’s greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Debra is new to me. And i am fascinated. I have never heard of hair jewelry. What? Lol Interesting q&a!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will you be at the event tonight? I would love to meet you!

      Delete
  2. I love Roxanne St. Claire's Kindle Worlds Barefoot Bay Series! Your wedding story sounds fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will you be at this event? I'd love to meet you tonight?

      Delete